By Vivien Stewart
In the 20 th century, the U.S. used to be the area chief in education—the first nation to accomplish common secondary schooling and the 1st to extend greater schooling past the elite category. Now different nations are catching up and jumping ahead—in highschool commencement charges, within the caliber and fairness in their K–12 schooling platforms, and within the percentage of scholars graduating from collage. it isn't that American schooling has gotten worse a lot that schooling in different elements of the area has gotten lots greater, so fast.
Designed to advertise dialog approximately easy methods to train scholars for a speedily altering and more and more without boundary lines and innovation-based global, this entire and illuminating publication from overseas schooling professional Vivien Stewart isn't really approximately casting blame; it's approximately realizing what the simplest institution platforms on the earth are doing correct for the aim of selecting what U.S. schools—at the nationwide, nation, and native level—might do otherwise and higher. the following, you’ll consider
>br>* How the U.S. schooling approach fares opposed to rising overseas criteria of excellence.
* The rules, practices, and priorities of the world’s best-performing structures, in addition to particular rules for adapting those techniques for U.S. schools.
* the typical components attribute of high-performing and speedily bettering systems.
* New versions of twenty first century educating and management and how one can modernize curriculum, guide, and assessment.
* How know-how and overseas trade might help the us shut functionality gaps and achieve new degrees of excellence and equity.
Learning is going either methods, Stewart writes. different international locations have realized greatly from the USA, and now it's time for American educators to open their eyes to different countries’ globally-minded and future-focused practices, leverage latest resources, and create a very world-class schooling procedure for this new release of scholars and generations to come.
Read Online or Download A World-Class Education: Learning from International Models of Excellence and Innovation PDF
Similar college & university education books
Exploring management for students Who need to make a distinction, Facilitation and task advisor in accordance with the 3rd variation of the best-selling textual content Exploring management, this significant other Facilitation and task advisor is designed to aid educators paintings with scholars to improve their management power with a view to turn into potent leaders.
Survival of the traditionally Black faculties and Universities as edited through North Carolina A&T kingdom collage Chancellor Emeritus Edward citadel, conceptualizes the suggestions, strategic making plans energies, and supply platforms that can be of advice to HBCU's as they proceed to outlive during this age of uncertainty.
It is a tale of a music-training application at one amongst many American associations of upper studying. those associations accredited the problem to adapt and advance education courses for song as a part of a liberal arts schooling. masking a interval of a couple of hundred years, the booklet discusses points of politics and the humanities in the US through the 20th and early twenty-first centuries.
Whereas severe race idea is a framework hired via activists and students inside of and out of doors the confines of schooling, there are restricted assets for management practitioners that supply perception into serious race conception and the probabilities of imposing a severe race praxis method of management.
- Higher Education and the State: changing relationships in Europe and East Asia (Oxford Studies in Comparative Education)
- Higher Education in Southeast Asia: Blurring Borders, Changing Balance (Routledge Research On Public and Social Policy in Asia)
- The Intentional Dean: A Guide to the Academic Deanship
- Globalisation, Higher Education, the Labour Market and Inequality
- Becoming a Model Minority: Schooling Experiences of Ethnic Koreans in China (Emerging Perspectives on Education in China)
- University of Northern Colorado (Campus History)
Additional resources for A World-Class Education: Learning from International Models of Excellence and Innovation
A World-Class Education: Learning from International Models of Excellence and Innovation by Vivien Stewart